For over 200 years W. Rose™, has been known for the highest quality of masonry tools. William Rose established the company as a blacksmith shop in 1798 in Blockley Township, Pennsylvania near Philadelphia, just 10 years after the ratification of the Constitution of the United States.
The blacksmith shop spent much of the early 1800s making cavalry sabers and officer swords for the U.S. Army during the War of 1812 and the U.S. Civil War. In 1864, W. Rose™ began specializing in quality edged tools, knives and trowels. The company issued their first catalog this year featuring tools for bricklayers, tile setters, plasterers and stone masons.
W. Rose™ was purchased in 1884 by O.B. Goodwin. He moved the firm to Elmwood Avenue in Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania, where W. Rose™ trowels continue to be made today. The company was in the Goodwin family for three generations before being sold to longtime employee Edward ’Bucky‘ King and his sons in 1989.
In 2001, Kraft Tool Co.® acquired this legendary company and remains dedicated to maintaining the superior craftsmanship of its tools.